Michael Fehlauer loves vinyl! The Audiospecials Phonolab is the culmination of years developing his ‘dream’ phono preamplifier. The Phonolab is a true dual phono preamp with a number of great features and options. It comes in two versions; the Phonlab Pro and the Phonolab 1.0 which adds a really useful set of controls to adjust low and high freq response to less than ideal pressings.
Best of all is the modest cost (priced in euros to avoid adding a currency hedge) given its very high level of performance. a few key features:
- Super low noise floor with outboard power supply. Not many preamps are this quiet at any cost.
- Two individual phono preamps, that can each be ordered for MM or MC.
- Remote controlled switching between inputs for easy comparison of cartridges.
- Balanced XLR outputs standard, configurable for 775mV or 1.55V reference level. RCA also of course…
- Optional balanced inputs allow use of symmetrical phono cables!
- Optional remote-controlled volume module for direct connection to amplifier or powered speakers.