Michael Fehlauer loves vinyl! The Audiospecials Phonolab is the culmination of years developing his ‘dream’ phono preamplifier. The Phonolab is a true dual phono preamp with a number of great features and options. Unique to this preamp is a really useful set of controls called the Recompizer, used to subtly adjust low and high freq response/dynamics in the case of less than ideal pressings. To make this circuit a study of mastering practices that affect frequency extremes was undertaken.
Best of all is the modest cost (priced in euros to avoid adding a currency hedge) given its very high level of performance. Some reviewers have named this the best solid state phono preamp available! a few key features:
- Super low noise floor with outboard power supply. Not many preamps are this quiet at any cost.
- Two individual phono preamps, that can each be ordered for MM or MC.
- Remote controlled switching between inputs for easy comparison of cartridges.
- Balanced XLR outputs standard, configurable for 775mV or 1.55V reference level. RCA also of course…
- Optional balanced inputs allow use of symmetrical phono cables!
- Optional remote-controlled volume module for direct connection to amplifier or powered speakers.
Phonolab 1.0 €5200 *free shipping in conusa!
Balanced ‘Lemo’ inputs on both preamp inputs + €120 get this 🙂
High quality (4x) XLR – Mini Lemo adapter + €180 (handy if you have xlr phono cables already)
Remote-controlled volume module + €690 (if you are vinyl-only the phonolab can directly drive your amplifiers or powered speakers!